Job ID: EW20172601-38128
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems Division is currently searching for a Tool Design Engineer for the Promontory, Utah facility:
Candidate will be responsible for the concept, design, fabrication drawings, inspection requirements, procurement requirements, verification requirements, and fabrication support for tooling and equipment for Aerospace applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design
• Managing projects and coordinate all procurements and fabrication to meet the program cost and schedule requirements
• Inspect fabricated support hardware to assure compliance to design
• Work alongside the manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved
• Inspect tool configuration for drawing compliance, including fit, form and function
• Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs
• Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
• Work closely with Tool Designers to create final drawings.
• Perform stress analysis to assure mechanically sound per ATK requirements
• Understand/monitor cost and schedule
• Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability
• Support vendors as needed during fabrication
• Perform and evaluate welded joint designs and inspection requirements to optimize manufacturability and use of materials for designed components, tooling, and equipment.
• Support continuous improvement
• Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling
• BS Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 2 years technical experience in design and fabrication of special tooling and related equipment.
• Experience with closed form and FE analysis practices; Prefer NX and ANSYS systems
• NX modeling and drafting experience.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate vendor and equipment capability and ability to perform required tasks to include production of tooling as well as unique aerospace part production.
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
• Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
• Leadership ability.
• Technical attention to detail.
Note: This position may be filled at a lower level depending on qualifications.