Job ID: GEM20172601-38123
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK currently has an opening for a Tool and Gauge Inspector to join our team at the Promontory, Utah facility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of quality inspection tasks.
• Perform Quality Process Assessments
• Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections on tightly tolerance piece parts, subassemblies and final assemblies in the Receiving Quality Control area.
• Perform tool inspections on various programs
• Performs required inspections in accordance with procedures and planning documentation.
Performs required inspections using standard measurement instruments.
• Routinely coordinates and interfaces inspections with Customer and/or Government Representatives.
• Candidate should have technical strengths in processing, operations, and inspection. Possess the ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Candidate should have the ability to work multiple programs while maintaining attention to detail.
• Interpret drawings and specifications. Excellent working knowledge and understanding of GD&T and ANSI Y14.5.
• Perform certification review on supplier documentation and issue Authorization to Ship (ATS).
• Be strategic in the identification of technical needs and solutions coupled with a strong program execution focus.
• Possess excellent communication skills and effective interface with Mission Assurance department members, suppliers, customers, all other departments within the organization and both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to record detail information accurately, timely and follow instructions.
To perform successfully in this role, we believe candidates should have the following education, skills, and experience.
High School Diploma or GED required; A.S. Degree or equivalent preferred
Excellent shop math skills and advanced trigonometry.
• Must be familiar with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools
• Experience with Continuous Improvement/PES techniques
• Must have good computer skills – MS Office
• Self Starter and ability to work through an issue to closure
• Must be able to operate a forklift and crane
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D