Job ID: RP20161512-37675
Orbital ATK (OA) Defense Electronic Systems in Northridge, CA is an industry leader in precision tactical missile systems and missile-warning products. We are a growing systems integration company; developing advanced complex weapon systems for the U.S. military and our strategic partners.
OA is currently seeking talented individuals for our Engineering Internships in support of system engineering activities at the Northridge location. Engineering Interns will be given the opportunity to gain hands-on engineering experience while applying theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques learned in the classroom.
• Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as system requirements analysis, system design, system performance assessment, and system testing.
• Assist designing and assessing aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems. Assist with testing, data reduction, and analysis.
• Learn about various system engineering tools for engineering design, development and analysis and how to effectively utilize them.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
• Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, email and other self-management skills.
• Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned.
• Currently pursuing a B.S. M.S. or PhD in systems, aerospace, chemical, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
• Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
• 3.0 GPA or higher
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.