Job ID: JAY20160612-37550
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a seasoned, experienced Sr. System Administrator to with a deep professional understanding of Linux systems administration. The role will own operational support to all unclassified Linux workstations and servers in our Chandler (95%) and Gilbert (5%), AZ locations. The position requires
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Install, manage and maintain Linux desktops, servers and associated software leveraging appropriate tools to drive standardization and security compliance.
• Install, configure and troubleshoot security measures, network services, office productivity and engineering applications.
• Represent local site requirements to Enterprise organization on image/configuration standards.
• Research, troubleshoot and resolve simple and complex software, hardware, and network issues preventing use of Linux systems and associated software.
• Works on problems with diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Resolves issues in creative ways and identifies opportunities for improvement.
• Gather system requirements to support associated computing performance and specialty engineering applications.
• Lead requirements definition, trade studies, analysis, planning, project management and implementation of IS solutions in support of business needs related to Linux systems and associated software.
• Align with Security organization on standards to minimize variation with classified systems that they support.
• Review alternate approaches, develop and implement appropriate cost-effective solutions.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards.
• Develop, implement and maintain system documentation, procedures and associated training plans for administration and appropriate use.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades and/or purchases.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to co-workers and customers, across all levels of the organization.
• Interface with internal and external customers to ensure technical and security requirements are met and maintained.
• Must be self-driven. Able to prioritize and manage workload with minimal supervision. Works independently under general direction and receives minimal guidance.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Ability to create process documentation
• Bachelors of Science in Information Technology or equivalent degree
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in Linux desktop and server administration
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in imaging/deployment of Linux systems
• 2-3 years of relevant experience working with a Help Desk ticketing system
• 2-3 years of relevant experience with DNS and LDAP
• 2-3 years of relevant experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• 2-3 years of relevant experience with shell scripting in a Linux environment
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment
• Familiarity with Cisco Switches and Routers
• Experience with Backup systems and methods
• Experience with project management
• Experience with complex Engineering application installations
• Experience working with highly technical end-users
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience is required.
• Five years of related experience is required. No supervisory experience required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.