Job ID: BDH20173001-38150
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This Systems Engineering position offers the opportunity to work on an exciting space flight program within the Space Systems Group at Orbital ATK. The Sr. Staff Systems Engineer is responsible for leadership accountabilities & key SE deliverables as part of the SE Integrated Team at various program levels i.e. Mission-, Element-, Segment-level, including the direction and results of a multi-disciplined engineering development of the space system architecture & elements for flight program deliverables or new business concepts and proposals.
In this senior-level role, the Sr. Staff Systems Engineer position is expected to be self-directed using previous experience to lead Spacecraft and/or Mission design and analysis efforts, Mission Operations and Ground Segment development, or Specialty Systems Engineering Analysis. Candidates must be able to recognize and mitigate instrument, spacecraft, ground segment, and mission technical issues while operating within budget and on schedule.
• Provide Systems Engineering Team leadership for engineers of various skill sets and years of experience
• Tasking assignments, deliverables review, timecard approvals, performance appraisal inputs
• Perform Cost Account Manager duties for Systems Engineering WBS, deliverables, and CPI & SPI
• Interact with the Program Management on all technical issues, risks, and deliverables
• Risk Management for product line: Risk Board planning, conductance, minutes, and mitigations
• Serve as customer interface as necessary to ensure compliance to all contractual specifications, policies, and processes
• Plan and maintain the schedule for all internal and external design reviews and customer technical interchange meetings and formal reviews
• Lead and conduct formal program reviews as appropriate
• Provide technical review, assessments, and investigations as needed for the readiness and presentations
• Lead or participate in new business capture and proposal activities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or related field
• Twenty years of related aerospace experience
• Ten or more years of technical or project leadership positions
• Ability to lead a system engineering team to develop system requirements
• Ability to develop and manage system interfaces to integrate multi-element systems
• Ability to translate program objectives and customer requirements into system requirements
• Ability to allocate requirements among multiple elements of an integrated space system
• Experience with complex space mission CONOPS, navigation systems and orbit analyses
• Experience with space vehicle Integration & test including environmental testing
• Experience with space Mission Operations
• Master’s degree or higher in an Engineering or related field
• Experience with spacecraft design or Mission Operations for GEO Communications spacecraft
• Experience in requirements development and management processes
• Experience in development and maintenance of interface control documents and related processes
• Experience in space system testing and evaluation (flight and ground testing)
• Experience with various technical analysis tools such as MATLAB and STK
• Experience and/or training in Earned Value Management Systems
• Space vehicle and/or space mission systems engineering
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.