Job ID: GWF20170601-37828
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Program Control Analyst for our Missile Defense & Controls business unit located at our Elkton, Maryland location. This facility is a premier Orbital ATK location with extreme corporate visibility and is dedicated to the manufacture of civil and defense related propulsion and related control systems. Our ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of very relevant experience working on DoD program(s).
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Job Level for hire will be determined based upon experience level.
The position involves working with principle engineers and project management in the establishment of project budgets for medium to large size development and production programs. The candidate will track project cost performance to planned budgets and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS). They will monitor and report financial health of assigned project.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Earned Value Management Systems:
• Program planning to meet the Integrated Baseline Review
• Conduct all Cost Account Variance Analysis Report reviews
• Performs financial Contract Data Requirements Lists, CDRL reporting
• Assists major subcontractors with CDRL reporting
• Interface with government on all financial related issues
• Interface with program management on all financial related issues
• Internal cost control on critical engineering programs
• Prepare, and present monthly actual vs. plan & forecast variance analysis, program cost control metrics for all selected metrics (Orders, Sales, EBIT, Cash) for segment and group management review.
• Coordinate quarterly Estimate-At-Completion exercise with Program cost control managers to ensure use of approved burden/labor rates, validate Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the Excel models.
• Generate requested supports e.g. headcount, Labor Yield and provide support to all finance customers internal and external as needed.
• BS in Business or Finance, MS preferred.
• 6 years as a financial analysis, as a subject matter expert with EVMS within DoD Government contracting environments.
• Strong EV leader on >10M development program to include: Joint Surveillance Audit (JSA), and Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) knowledge.
• Have a strong understanding and familiarization with Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Cost Accounting Standards and understand Government Accounting Agency methodologies.
• Strong and adaptive computer skills with MS applications and Oracle enterprise database applications are required.
• US Citizenship required, and ability to get a DoD secret clearance.
• Experience with Open Plan software and Microsoft Project are a plus.
• Good communication and presentation skills are vital.
• Cobra experience and Cost point experience required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.