Job ID: TS20172301-38048
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Aerospace Systems is currently searching for a Tool\Machine Designer at the Clearfield, Utah location:
As a Tooling Designer for the Orbital ATK Aerospace Systems Group you will be responsible for development of the design concept and producing efficient designs that support Orbital ATK’s Aerospace requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Clearance
• Develop tooling and machine design concepts and support Tool and Machine Design Engineers in creating 3D models and drawings in TcUA (Product lifecycle management system)
• Insure models and drawings meet all department standards and customer requirements.
• Present models and drawings in design reviews to ensure safety, quality, delivery, cost objectives and customer satisfaction with design from all team members.
• Manage multiple projects and customers while creating efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements.
• Work with internal customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs.
• Work closely with Tool and Machine Design Engineers to create final drawings and meet design costs and schedules.
• Review models, drawings and designs for manufacturability.
• Ability to effectively problem solve with a team.
• Support continuous improvement both personal and as a team.
• 10 Years with HS or 6 Years and BS Degree and Design and Drafting or equivalent experience
• Must be able to obtain/pass a DOD Security Clearance
• Working knowledge of GD&T.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Familiar with machine design and aircraft tooling.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary is required.
• Experience with model checking for accuracy and model integrity.
• Experience with creating drawings.
• CATIA V5 or NX 2,000+ hours. (NX preferred)
• TcUA and other 3D modeling software a plus.
• Experience in checking drawings a plus
Willing to work overtime
Schedule would be M-F 7:30 am -4:00 pm with an opportunity to go to a 9/80 shift depending on business needs.
Role can be filled at a lower level with 6 Years with HS or 2 Years and BS Degree and Design and Drafting or equivalent experience
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D