Job ID: TS20160909-36548
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Sr. Manager Production Support
Most important competencies we are looking for in this manufacturing support role.
3. Production Control
4. Material Planning
• Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of employees as they pertain to Master Scheduling/Planning, Material Planning, Work Center Coordination, Receiving, and Stores.
• Work closely with the Operations group to schedule and deliver material in order to meet customer demand.
• Coordinate with functional organizations (Shared Resources and Procurement) to negotiate contracts, schedule, and material delivery in support of customer demand.
• Interact with other departments, suppliers, and mangers to ensure materials are delivered in a timely manner and support production schedules.
• Convert customer order into a sales order in the MRP system.
• Approves production rescheduling in case of equipment, materials, or labor shortage or customer needs.
• Converts high-level schedule into detail schedules, material requirements list, and production plans for work centers.
• Work with Master Scheduling and Operations to analyze capacity based on work breakdown schedule.
• Advises management of production status, and potential problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed.
• Provides oversight and functional management of schedules for COE.
• Act as interface with Program Management and Director of Operations to ensure departmental goals are aligned with procedural requirements.
• Responsible for writing department procedure, training personnel to said procedures, and auditing personnel to ensure procedures are being adhered to.
• Contribute, coordinate, and act as an interface with respective COE Groups to standardize and change current policies and procedures as they pertain to scheduling, planning, receiving, storing, and general materials management.
• Maintain employee morale and certification records while providing leadership, training, and both positive and constructive feedback on employee performance.
• Measure team’s performance and productivity using department metrics and company goals.
• Establish yearly staffing budgets, department goals, and metrics.
• 15 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience with a Master’s degree. Position can be filled one level lower with 10 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of experience with a Master’s degree. Preference for degree in Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related disciplines, or relevant experience.
• 4+ year experience managing others.
• 3-5 years inventory and production experience.
• Master production planner background and experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows, and reading prints.
• Experience creating production schedules and modifying them for increased efficiency.
• Experience tracking, reporting, and presenting.
• Must have technical skills such as production scheduling, experience with MRP systems, and capacity planning such as level loading, Kanban, etc.
• APICS certification preferred.
• MS Project experience preferred.
• MUST have a Secret Level DOD security clearance, which typically requires U.S. Citizenship.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to delegate effectively.
• Ability to build teams.
• Ability to prioritize and make effective decisions
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.