Role: Senior Quantitative Analyst – Model Validation
Location: AIB Group, Molesworth Street, Dublin (Model Validation is currently working on a hybrid basis with a set 2 days per week in the office)
Are you an experienced analyst who is seeking to progress in their career? Are you interested in how data and analytics can help us to back our customers and ensure the success and stability of the bank?
We’re looking for someone who:
- Uses a deep understanding of statistical techniques and data analytics tools to review and challenge the models being used within the bank;
- Challenges the modelling teams and business areas in the bank to assure and improve the bank’s models;
- Works with business units to promote and deliver a best in class analytics service consistent with their needs;
- Actively seeks opportunities to learn from other team members and to grow within the role;
- Leads projects within the Model Validation function and works with and coaches junior team members to deliver projects.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you have:
- Relevant third level qualification or Postgraduate qualification in an analytical discipline, e.g. mathematics, applied mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, econometrics, actuarial science;
- 3+ years’ experience in a quantitative analytics role (credit risk analytics experience is preferred);
- A good knowledge of the regulatory and accounting environment as it applies to credit risk, including at least one of the following – IRB or IFRS9. Experience in the EU implementation of these rules is preferred;
- Experience in applying statistical tools and techniques in the management of credit risk in a bank to help the team to ensure that models and data driven decisions are robust and can be relied upon;
- A natural inclination to challenge established ways of thinking and an ability to articulate your opinion;
- Strong knowledge and professional experience of analytics languages (SAS is preferred but R or the use of Python for statistical analysis will also be considered) and data extraction using SQL
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them via email .