Job ID: TS20170401-37793
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr Buyer to join our Procurement Team in our Dayton, OH office.
• Purchase of material, parts, and services. Purchases standard, low to high-valued machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, parts, services and supplies necessary for operations.
• Operates in compliance with FAR and DFAR procurement regulations
• Investigates and analyzes products/services;
• Develops and maintains solid, ethical supplier relationships;
• Recommends for selection and develops competitive sources of supply in accordance with good business practices, company policies and procedures and government regulations;
• Coordinate activities with other departments;
• Apprises cognizant management and user community of supplier progress and/or problems
• Negotiates prices, delivery, quality requirements, and terms and conditions for procurement of assigned commodities or services and issues appropriate commitment document; act as committing authority for the company in relationship with supplier.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Purchasing/Supply Chain is preferred
• Either 5 years Procurement experience within metal fab/aerospace industry or 3 years of government procurement under FAR/DFAR regulations.
• Knowledge of MRP systems, Supply Chain Mgmt, procurement principles, acquisition regulations
• Familiarity with Deltek, CostPoint© is a major plus for any candidate
• Negotiation experience
• Experience and comfort in high volume Purchase Order placement
This position can be filled at one level lower.
3 years government purchasing experience a plus.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background