Job ID: TS20171201-37941
ATK Aerospace is the world’s top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites; satellite components and subsystems; lightweight space deployables and solar arrays; and low-cost, quick-to-market launch solutions; flares and decoys; and energetic materials and related technologies. The group also has extensive experience supporting human and space payload missions.
ATK is currently recruiting for a Buyer to join our team in Clearfield, UT.
As a buyer for our Aerospace Structures Division, you will coordinate the material and service requirements necessary to support our growing business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Be a buyer in purchasing tooling and factory requirements in a commodity purchasing environment
• Manage purchase orders ranging from $500 to $2 million or more in high volume. The delivery for these requirements may be on an expedited basis
• Manage multiple tasks at once, in a high pressure environment
• Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for a medium to complex sourcing
• Draft and negotiate strategic agreements
• Managing performance metrics
• Interface with Suppliers to:
• Write contract language for sourcing initiatives, including the creation of procurement terms and conditions and special provisions
• Establish, maintain, and monitor supplier agreements
• Evaluate, Integrate and Terminate suppliers
• Negotiate to ensure terms and conditions address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, Intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, and all other potential risk areas
• Ensure that terms and conditions have been properly flowed down from customer contracts to supplier contracts
• Establish and maintain formal agreements (Purchase Orders and subcontracts) with suppliers
• Incorporate customer or internal changes into the subcontract or PO
• Drive continuous improvement
• Track quality issues and work with supplier on the issues
• Manage day-to-day involvement with Kanban systems
• Use tracking and monitoring systems i.e., Epic, Impresa, and Excel.
• Provide daily status for on time delivery, product delivery forecasts, risks and mitigation plans, and supplier performance.
• Active Secret Clearance is preferred
• Experience in management of vendor base and procurement of complete systems and/or hardware for wire harness assemblies, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience; or Masters degree and 4 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience.
• Strong understanding of MRP logic
• Major subcontract negotiations
• Extensive RFQ/RFP and procurement execution experience
• Experience using scheduling tools including: MS Project, Pull Systems, FIFO and Min/ Max/ Reorder Point, Visual scheduling tools
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent follow-up
• Experience with Microsoft skills required; Excel, Power Point and MS Project
• Presentation skills, with the ability to comfortably present risks and achievements to a management team
• Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and establish positive supplier and internal customer relationships
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, high visibility, sometimes high stress environment
• Must be able to work overtime and on call for emergencies
• Working knowledge of supply chain and inventory systems
• Very strong negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to adapt to change
• Previous aerospace procurement experience
• Exposure to APICS
• Education in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
• Experience in composite materials and composite manufacturing
• Experience leading project teams
• Impresa and/or Epic software experience
• Certifications: Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) and/or Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
Competencies for Success:
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, thought schooling and training.
• Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
• Strong communication skills.
Requisition may be filled at a lower level, Buyer II (grade 17) Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience; or Master’s degree and 1 year experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page