Requisition ID: 225242
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: 25
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues’ team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
As the organization that reaches all our employees, the Human Resources department has a special role in capitalizing on opportunities and creating the future for Bechtel.
Join our team in Reston, VA where innovative talent acquisition professionals build credible relationships with leaders to deliver exceptional candidates. This role will blend full life-cycle recruitment and hard-to-fill needs using integrated talent strategy development where consultation, data driven storytelling, and collaborative partnerships will be fully leveraged. Recruiters are critical partners with the business, establishing long-term trust with leaders at all levels, and partnering cross-functionally with HRBPs, Finance, Compensation, and other business partners. Beyond the tactical, recruiters are trusted with the ownership of strategically attracting and hiring outstanding innovators and leaders who continue to raise the bar for the possible, contributing to our organization’s global success.
• Full lifecycle recruitment of candidates including sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, and extension of offers
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with both hiring managers and applicants
• Support hiring managers by ensuring job description is ready for posting, interview plan is determined, and candidate feedback is managed quickly and efficiently
• Partner with other talent acquisition team members, which may include recruitment coordinators and sourcing support, to ensure that position recruitment strategies are being enacted
• Manage candidate relationships to enhance candidate experience
• Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviews applicants on consistent set of qualifications
• Sourcing of passive candidates using various recruitment tools/techniques as needed
• Create and foster relationships with various professional organizations to attract and recruit niche candidates
• Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies
• Develop an effective pipeline of key talent which will be potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate
• Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices.
• Evaluate Talent Acquisition metrics as needed to provide updates to management
• A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition OR 9+ years of overall experience in lieu of a degree
• Knowledge of relevant employment laws & compliance requirements
• Significant experience with full life-cycle recruiting, familiarity with high volume and fast paced environments
• Prior experience in passive sourcing techniques and assessing talent
• Recruitment for hard-to-fill or niche positions
• Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions on a national, multi-location level
• Strong external/internal networking and collaboration skills
• Understanding of talent acquisition best practices
• Strong communication, relationship management, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated understanding of functional organization, matrix structure and organizational culture
• Able to travel as needed
• Current AIRS (Advanced Internet Recruitment Strategies) and/or recruiting certification
• Hold expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, etc.
• Behavioral Interviewing techniques
• Trained on Talent Acquisition systems & software (Success Factors, Applicant Tracking System, Candidate Relationship Management etc.)
• Experience working with global teams, cultures
• Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills are required
• Ability to present new recruiting concepts to executive leadership and technical communities
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
• Candidate must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.