Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Our People NY
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic Receptionist to provide excellent care and customer service to our vendors, customers, job applicants, and other visitors – in addition to handling various day-to-day office functions.
In this position, you will:
- Ensure that phone calls and visitors are directed to the correct individual or department in a professional and timely manner.
- Be responsible for answering, operating, and directing all incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Be responsible for taking accurate messages as necessary.
- Work with other departments and vendors to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Support and rotate tasks in the department when workloads become too heavy.
- Be responsible for data entry and follow-up process on data input.
- Identify and prioritize activities and tasks.
- Coordinate various activities, register visitors, and reserve conference rooms when needed.
- Type memos, communication letters, and correspondence.
- Maintain files, reports and schedules.
- Provide clerical support to all backoffice units.
- Assist on other various projects as needed.
To be considered, you will need:
- Effective organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officers, employees, and external contacts
- 2+ years of experience handling phone system in a highly professional office environment
- Understanding the application of administration activities
- Ability to accommodate multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time to ensure tasks are handled effectively and within established timeframes
- Exhibit adaptability in a team oriented environment
- Knowledge of MS Office products required, including basic to intermediate Excel skills
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!