Project Engineer, Research & Advanced Engineering, Crop Care
Who We Are Looking For:
AGCO is currently seeking a Project Engineer, Research & Advanced Engineering to join our team in Jackson, MN. The purpose of this position will be the development of new concepts and technology for Crop Care products including Sprayers, planters, and fertilizer applicators. This role is to develop, coordinate and execute proper design strategies related to product roadmaps.
What You Will Do:
The Project Engineer solves complex Research and Engineering problems and prepares white papers and reports. Responsible for the planning, execution, and documentation of the project including conceptual design, part procurement, coding, assembly, and lab or field testing. The Project Engineer works closely with the Global R&AE and Agronomy teams as well Product Engineering to execute the project with meaningful deliverables for AGCO’s Sprayer, Fertilizer Applicator, and Planter Engineering Teams. Provides technical guidance to Product Management, Engineering, and Agronomy teams. Delivers Proof of Concepts and white papers to Product engineering for further development and validation. Develops unique design features the company often patents to gain a competitive advantage. The Project Engineer must be able to travel 20% and be in the field during the major application seasons.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or another relevant technical degree
- One or more years of experience with the development of solutions for agricultural systems
- 2+ years of engineering assignments to gain a working knowledge of basic engineering disciplines.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and good communication skills.
- Strong design ability.
- Ability to work in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
A Plus If You Have:
- In-depth understanding of agricultural systems and processes, and a desire to be hands-on with the development of new products.
- Industry design experience with complex engineering and manufacturability concepts.
- Ability to understand new problems quickly, ideate a possible solution and communicate that idea to others.
- Solid decision-making skills, and the ability to make decisions with limited direction.
- Familiarity with data acquisition and instrumentation of mobile equipment is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude to support both installations of high tech solutions on Agricultural Equipment and visualize how those solutions could be improved.
- Basic fabrication skills are a desire to accelerate the pace of iteration, design, build, test, and fail (or succeed) quickly.
- Sprayer and fertilizer applicator knowledge and familiarity are desired.
- Ability to understand and communicate the customer value points in new innovations or expanded utilization of existing technologies
What We Offer:
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.