Job ID: TS20171101-37901
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting a Process Development Engineer in our Clearfield, UT location.
Process Development Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Applies a comprehensive knowledge of composites processing to develop processes for new products.
• Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
• Applies 6 sigma tools to measure and analyze process data.
• Manages development projects (funded through direct, indirect, IR&D or CRAD) by developing a project plan, managing work of technicians, managing to budgets and schedules, and preparing reports.
• Stays current on manufacturing, material, and process technologies for potential application in Orbital ATKs current processes.
• BS in classical engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Materials Science, etc.) with a minimum of 7 years of industry experience or MS with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a composites process development environment working as an engineer.
• Solid understanding of machine automation – esp of composites manufacturing equipment
• Green belt six sigma
• Successful experience in process design and start up required
• Demonstrated knowledge of broad composites manufacturing technology
• Must have active security clearance
• Experience in robotics, aerospace composites, and Six Sigma certification desirable.
• Experience in working with composite lamination process and equipment preferred
• Experience working in a high rate manufacturing environment
• Experience in applied research and development for new products
Competencies for Success:
• Demonstrates a commitment to quality and safety
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
Requisition may be filled at a lower level (Engineer III) requiring a BS in classical engineering and a minimum of 4years of experience or a MS in classical engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.