Job ID: JV20161011-37274
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Server Administrator to join our Integration Services team in our Dulles, VA offices.
• * Please note: This position requires an active Top Secret SCI Clearance **
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Overseeing daily maintenance, including performance monitoring, deployment of operating system patches and software upgrades, and configuration control of the network technical baseline.
• Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in investigation, diagnoses, and problem resolution
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) Information Technology or equivalent degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Windows Server Administration.
• No supervisory experience required.
• Relevant industry certifications such as DOD 8570 Level 2 Technical Certification (GSEC, Security+ ce, SCNP, SSCP) or higher (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA)
• Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE Windows Server 2008 or 2012, Windows 7)
• Experience with DNS, Active Directory, GPO’s, and LDAP configuration.
• Experience with Backup systems and methods
• Experience with Installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment (VmWare products)
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between one-time events and recurrent systematic problems
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to include, but not limited to, creation of process documentation and How to Guides.
• Familiarity or Prior hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, and Firewalls.
• Familiarity with DoD computer security tools such as ACAS
• Familiarity with Windows Power Shell and\or Linux based scripting
• Familiarity with McAfee and Symantec Products (Backup Exec., EndPoint Protection, etc.)
• Familiarity with imaging/deployment of systems
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.