Requisition ID: 39407
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
The Materials Planner is responsible for providing overall leadership to a team of hourly material planners. This position will plan, schedule, and control the acquisition and timely delivery of supplied material to support production operations. This position will ensure the day to day inventory accuracy is maintained. Critical to driving the operational goals in the Materials organization, this position will engage in open communications with other support functions such as Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Engineering on any condition that may affect excess or shortages of materials for production.
- Engage and empower a team of Material Planners by creating expectations that drive positive change in safety, lean, quality, flawless execution, and cost.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities related to the material planning function
- Provides direct supervision and leadership of the hourly material planning functions at the Greenville Division.
- Develop and execute material strategies for timely acquisition and delivery of supplied material to support production and service requirements.
- Oversees activities that maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP) data.
- Establish and maintain superior supplier and production operation relations through written, verbal and electronic communications.
- Identify the need for and support the implementation of lean principles, pull systems, and consignment/ Pay on Consumption (POC) arrangements with suppliers.
- Support Materials key metrics reporting with a timely roll-up of information, and assistance with special reports management.
- Lead transformational supply chain-materials improvement initiatives in World Class Manufacturing (WCM).
- Collaborate in special initiatives that support efforts to drive improved production schedule stability and Division metrics.
- Directs personnel-related actions, including final selection, training, performance appraisals, discipline, safety, and communications, addressing complaints, and resolving issues.
- High School Diploma Or GED
- 2+ years Material Management or Supply Chain experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certification
- Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification
- Flexibility and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of material flow related to production requirements planning
- The ability and knowledge to utilize scheduling tools and software (SAP, Whirlpack, Windchill, and Advanced Planning System (APS) systems)
- Must possess sound judgment, planning, and analytical skills to relate to management, production, and supply base contacts
- Self-motivation to identify, analyze and work to find solutions to flow issues
- PC experience including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Lotus Notes
- Willingness to learn to implement and maintain consignment/Pay on Consumption (POC) agreements and Just in Time (JIT) principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and people skills, with the ability to lead teams to drive exceptional results
- Complex problem-solving skills and the ability to use them to drive root cause identification and problem-solving
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.