Requisition ID: 222055
Serves as liaison at the project site between Project Procurement for reporting of undelivered materials, Field Procurement for stored materials, and Construction personnel for accurate reporting of materials required for work package installation. Coordinates with responsible groups that materials are provided in a timely manner and in sufficient quantity to support the completion of construction work. Ensures accurate distribution of materials to Construction and/or (Sub) Contractor installation locations. Implements planned inventory control mechanisms, assists in early identification of surplus or unneeded materials, and coordinates material availability in support of design revisions or rework.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Materials Manager, or Materials Coordination Supervisor if assigned.
- Receives functional direction from the global business unit Manager of Procurement.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Maintains direct working relationship with Project Procurement, Field Project Controls, discipline Field Engineers, Field Procurement, Automation Support, Construction Superintendents, (Sub) Contractors, and site Customer personnel to ensure that Construction personnel are provided with materials to support the completion of construction work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Implements Materials Management Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups, within area of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to the Material Responsibility Matrix by all responsible parties.
- Utilizes the materials components of the project Automation Plan (used by functional groups) to monitor related data transfers between the functional groups.
- Implements the planned construction activities and work packaging structure on the project through coordination with Field Engineering, Construction, and/or (Sub) Contractors, and Project Controls.
- Determines, with the functional groups, the best strategy for fabricated systems that provide the most overall value on the project.
- Implements planned inventory control mechanisms, such as min-max and bag-and-tag, and uses the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) tools to ensure that construction material requirements are met.
- Identifies early on which surplus or unneeded materials should be returned to storage.
- Coordinates material availability in support of design revisions, rework, contingency or work-around plans.
- Participates in Construction and/or (Sub) Contractor planning meetings to be fully aware of changes in installation plans and priorities.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel for materials to be issued direct to the installation area, as opposed to being controlled in storage.
- Advanced knowledge of either project Procurement operations related to the acquisition of materials on projects, or of the Engineering discipline within the area of responsibility, the work process, and the deliverables produced (must have a basic knowledge of the other).
- Advanced knowledge in the use of the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS), including drawing takeoff input, Look-Ahead Viewer, input of requisitions, and goods and services codes.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Bechtel Standard Applications Programs (BSAP) and their modes of data interfacing with BPS and each other.
- Knowledge of vendor, fabricator, contractor, Customer and other outside data systems and how those systems interact with BPS.
- Advanced knowledge of work packaging, pre-buy methodology, and materials status reporting.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile. With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.