Job ID: TS20172401-38072
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Mass Properties Engineer to join our Design and Analysis team in our Clearfield, UT office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Mass Properties Engineer models the mass properties (mass, center of gravity and inertia) of various vehicle designs.
• Must be able to communicate well (both written and verbal) with a variety of people and various other engineering disciplines to gather information and complete assigned tasks.
• The candidate needs to be detail oriented in searching documents, drawings, and CAD while modeling the vehicle.
• Must be willing to ask questions and search for answers and be able to work with minimal oversight from mangers and leads and keep to assigned task due dates.
• Able to work with a multi-disciplinary internal team in a rapid paced environment and be the point of contact with an external customer.
• Candidate must have a minimum of four years of related experience.
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• DOD Secret security clearance is required
• Knowledge of Office programs (Excel, Word)
• Basic CAD usage is required. NX Version 8.5 or later preferred
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is required.
• 4-7 Years Experience Required
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.