Job ID: HLW20162211-37428
With projected annual revenues of $4 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Currently seeking engineering undergraduate degree students to work part time throughout the year.
General requirements for the position:
• Applicant must be enrolled at an accredited college or university, and must be seeking an undergraduate degree in technical field of study (prefer Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering).
• Must be a student in good standing.
• Overall GPA requirement of 2.5.
• This position will assist Manufacturing Engineers in day-to-day activities in a high-speed, high volume manufacturing environment. This will include maintaining/updating/correcting machine/tool drawings, collecting and analyzing process data, conducting experiments, and recommending process changes to improve safety, increase production rate, increase quality and process capability, and lower production costs.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Energetic, self-starter, multi-tasker
1. Drafting / CAD experience (AutoCAD, ProE, or SolidWorks)
2. Mechanically inclined, experience using a variety of hand tools
3. General understanding of basic machining/fabrication methods
4. Has demonstrated or ability to learn to Troubleshoot and Solve problems methodically
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.