Job ID: TEJ20170201-37767
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Senior Manager of the Manufacturing Operations Department within the Gilbert SMF Operations Directorate has the following key accountabilities and is required to:
• Lead the organization as part of the Gilbert SMF Operations Directorate within the Orbital ATK SSG Technical Operations organization – including all manufacturing and planning personnel and associated infrastructural and operational resources (e.g. tools etc). The Candidate should possess strong personal drive and conviction to develop and implement a clearly articulated and actionable management blueprint for the manufacturing organization consistent with Orbital ATK, SSG and the Operations Directorate Vision and Mission.
• Direct, coordinate, and manage manufacturing resource assignments in support of all applicable Orbital ATK business unit activities including New Business as well as standard product lines. This functional accountability includes employee – retention/recruiting, program/project assignment and prioritization, performance management, reward and recognition, career development and mentorship/guidance to ensure ownership, motivation and morale among manufacturing team members.
• Ensure the implementation and future development of applicable (i) manufacturing specific policies, processes and standards, (including work templates, checklists, etc.) and (ii) work center specific tools and equipment.
• Partner and collaborate with the business area (BA) and functional (FM) leadership personnel and maintain pro-active oversight/cognizance of manufacturing Teams’ execution. Provide effective functional/technical guidance and support to positively impact technical, cost, and schedule performances of manufacturing work scope and contents.
• Participate in and/or drive consistent best practices on program/technical peer, design and manufacturing reviews to ensure both technical compliance and execution efficiency.
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and 10 or more years of related experience is required.
• 5 years of experience as a Functional Manager with personnel management skillsets and experience (e.g. performing personnel evaluations, timecard approvals, career development counseling, employee coaching/mentoring etc)
• Experience with NASA and US/International aerospace manufacturing requirements and standards.
• Experience developing mfg. work packages and budgets, BOE’s, and technical write-ups.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.