Job ID: BDH20162012-37715
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the manager for all business support functions required of the NSROC program including responsibilities to assure that contracts, subcontracts, and procurements are executed per FAR and Orbital ATK requirements, financial reports are delivered per customer requirements, and that the Well Organized Central Repository (WOCR) is maintained and customized as required by the program
• Overall management and successful implementation of contractual and financial requirements
• Provide overall direction for accounting, finance, cash, insurance, and budget functions
• Provide overall management of financial, procurement, logistics, and program control aspects of work orders
• Analyze cost-to-date and projected cost versus contract value and notify the Contracts Administrator of potential contract change requests
• Preparation of annual labor and non-labor budgets for core program functions for forward forecasting of program costs and cash flow requirements
• Accurate and timely preparation of financial documents and reports including 533 reports and divisional finance reports
• Work directly with technical management team to negotiate and execute subcontract modifications and establish subcontracting relationships with vendors, consultants, and other suppliers on an as-needed basis
• Develop timely work order estimates and plans based on requests from the Government and inputs from the customer and Operations
• Preparation of work order plans, project support plans, and estimates needed to respond to Government requests
• Oversight of subcontract administration (including subcontract modifications, audits and variance analyses, and purchase orders for equipment, materials, and supplies)
• Oversight of government property control and reporting functions for NASA Government Furnished Equipment and Institution Accountable Government Property
• Assure adherence to Orbital ATK corporate financial policy and plans
• Assure NSROC implements all of the cost, schedule, property management and logistics practices required for Federal support services contracts
• Assure NSROC adheres to Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards
• Maintain open and continuous communication with customer representatives, Division management, and program staff at all levels using a combination of verbal, written, and electronic means
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required
• Strong knowledge of accounting standards, generally accepted accounting practices, and government contracting financial reporting requirements
• Knowledge of principles of financial management and supervision, training and performance evaluation with skills in short and long-range planning, problem analysis and resolution
• Knowledge of NASA property standards
• Knowledge of development of ISO-9001 procedures and work instructions
• Ability to direct, evaluate, train, and supervise the work of assigned personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Advanced MS-Access & MS-Excel skills
• Knowledgeable of Deltek CostPoint, Cognos, MS-Word, Sequel, Citrix, and Windows
• Intermediate SharePoint skills for development and maintenance of WOCR system
Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
• General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health Training
• Bachelor’s Degree of Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience
• 8 years of experience in business management, program control, or related fields. Prefer 5 years of experience with the administration of Federal Government contracts and subcontracts
• Business management, program control, or related field
• Administration of Federal Government contracts and subcontracts preferred
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.