Job ID: BDH20161909-36673
Orbital ATK Space System Group leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation’s capabilities in space.
Orbital ATK Space Components Division is currently recruiting for a Facilities Maintenance Technician in San Diego, CA.
Under general supervision, this position performs maintenance and repairs of building and office facilities, ovens, machinery and equipment. Equipment includes air conditioners and heaters, compressors and machine shop equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and repair work on fan coils, air handling units and plant machinery. Perform pipe repairs and installations of air, vacuum, and drainage systems as well as other various tasks as needed. Conducts routine, periodic or special inspections, as directed, to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and equipment. Safely uses hand and power tools as necessary. Assists in moving of machinery and equipment.
Maintain and repair plumbing, electrical, soft soldering and brazing of various metals and pipefitting; perform minor electrical installations and operate and troubleshoot chillers, perform mechanical and electrical repairs and maintenance to the buildings; preventative maintenance on fan coils, air handling units and plant machinery; various small odd jobs, minor pipe repairs, and installations of air, vacuum, and drainage systems; drive company vans, trucks or cars to load and haul equipment; complete Facilities Service Requests as assigned by Department Manager. Other duties as assigned by supervisor; responsible for observing all laws, codes, federal, state and local regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company; expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
• High school diploma or equivalent (will be verified)
• Three or more years progressive experience in servicing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
• Must demonstrate full understanding of facilities maintenance principles, theories and concepts and a working knowledge of and discretion in safely operating hand and power tools.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other mechanical drawings;
• Good analytical ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice;
• Basic knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the maintenance field;
• Ability to work extended hours or 2nd shift as required
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel, including management and outside vendors and to accurately communicate, document and report.
This position may be filled at one level lower requiring a high school diploma or equivalent (will be verified).
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer