Job ID: JV20170901-37844
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced IT SOX Compliance Manager in our Dulles, VA office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The IT SOX Compliance Manager is responsible for providing stewardship over the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) IT compliance program. Core duties of the role will be conducting SOX compliance procedures and construction of overall strategies and execution of the IT SOX program.
Positioned within the Corporate Internal Audit department, this high impact/hands-on role will work closely with Information Services and interface with the SOX Compliance team and other financial functions. The position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of IT general controls over financial reporting as well as the related IT SOX 404 compliance certification process. There is the potential for this position to also serve in an internal auditor capacity in assisting with the execution of the Department’s annual IT audit plan.
A visible part of the position will include internal consulting on important IT control issues and managing related projects throughout the organization. Also, this role will be instrumental in the continued integration and honing of our IT control environment of our merged businesses.This high impact and high visibility opportunity will allow someone to put their imprint on our IT SOX program, sharpening our control design and enhancing our operating effectiveness where IT SOX is viewed by management as a highly constructive and sustainable function.
• Ensuring key IT SOX controls are identified, tested and remediated as required.
• Evaluating Information Services’ business processes to determine the adequacy of internal controls.
• Creating internal controls and process narratives.
• Remediation of IT control deficiencies and the design of process improvements.
• Working closely with Information Services on a regular basis and coordinating with the SOX Compliance and external audit teams regarding audit strategies and the design and operating effectiveness of controls.
• Overall guidance, training and implementation of IT SOX policies and procedures.
• Performing IT control risk assessments.
• Six plus years’ experience ideally with experience in a large public company setting up and/or implementing IT SOX programs
• Requisite technical knowledge of IT controls and familiarity with GAAP to ensure SOX compliance
• Solid business acumen
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• CISA or CPA
• Big 4 Experience
• US Public company
Skills & Qualifications:
• Broad understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley, controls frameworks and risk
• Strong knowledge of IT operations and controls testing best practices
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, accounting or related field
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D