Equipment Operator -1st Shift
Who We Are Looking For
The Equipment Operator using manually controlled; electrically powered side-loading or high-lift order selectors; or gas and/or electrically powered forklifts moves agricultural and/or industrial parts and equipment throughout the warehouse. He/she verifies that the stock numbers of the items/materials to be moved are the same as those appearing on shipping, receiving, picking, and packing documents. Must be licensed by the Company before operating equipment. Maintains accurate records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
What You Will Do
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Identify and report faulty equipment, damages, and safety concerns to Supervisor immediately.
- Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Independently operates manually controlled, electrically powered, side-loading, and high-lift order selectors.
- Independently operates gas and/or electrically powered forklifts.
- Mechanically transports numerous materials (frequently weighing up to 500 pounds and occasionally weighing up to 3,000), to and/or from designated storage locations. (i.e., unloading incoming materials or filling outgoing orders).
- Verifies items/materials handled against shipping, receiving, picking, packing and other documents to ensure accuracy. Reports discrepancies to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maintains accurate records in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists in training.
- Uses a variety of tools, weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Inspects the operating condition of equipment using a Company provided checklist.
- Ensures the safety of all employees by lifting, stacking, and storing materials responsibly.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must meet or exceed predetermined rates.
- Depending on the workloads may be required to work in various departments.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand continuously for periods up to 3 hours without a break. Most equipment is operated in a standing position with foot-operated controls.
- Must be able to walk and/or bend occasionally while handling various materials; the duration of these activities varies according to the department.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds frequently and 70 pounds occasionally; distances between 10 and 50 feet. A majority of lift/carry responsibilities are performed at or below waist level; however, some overhead lifting of objects weighing up to 30 pounds may be required.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds distances up to 50 feet frequently, and 500 pounds distances up to 50 feet occasionally, with the assistance of carts, dollies and/or hand trucks.
- Must be able to work from equipment platforms up to 20 feet above ground level; however, the step to board this equipment is approximately 18 to 24 inches from the ground.
- Must be able to locate parts and materials, visually inspect them and read assigned orders, labels, and other documents.
What You Will Bring
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Three months to one year of relevant experience operating material handling equipment preferably in a warehouse environment.
- An in-house licensing program is provided, which the Equipment Operator must pass before moving to this position.
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays, and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities, or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.