Job ID: GEM20162112-37724
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to provide support in Inert Material / Mechanical Properties and Safety Testing at our Promontory, Utah facilities.
• Performs a variety of chemical and/or physical processes on various materials to determine material composition, characteristics, and/or physical properties
• Fabricate both inert and energetic samples in accordance with specific detailed instruction
• Perform analytical testing of inert and energetic specimens for material characterization
• Perform processes under the direction of a principle technician following written instruction to exact specifications
• Maintain neat and accurate records
Successful candidate will work with experienced chemists and technicians who operate analytical test equipment including viscometers, titration equipment, HPLC’s, FTIR’s, GC’s, NIR’s, DSC’s, particle size analyzers, and various other instruments and laboratory equipment. Testing will include analysis of production and subscale propellants and ingredients. Candidate will be expected to maintain a high standard of operational discipline to support clean, safe, and efficient operations.
• Technical degree (must have one of the following)
• Two-year Associate degree in technical area
• Enrolled in, progressing toward, a four-year Bachelor’s degree in technical area
• Experience, knowledge, and/or respect for energetic materials
• Preferred 2 years working in material research, test, or production environment
• Strong chemistry and mechanical understanding with computer aptitude
• Experience using scientific instrumentation and equipment
• Must be able to stand for long periods at work station and intermittently lift 35 lbs.
• Willing to work off-shift and weekends as required
Position may be filled at a lower level depending on successful candidate’s education and/or experience
OrbitalATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.