Job ID: HLW20172301-38046
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This is an Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls engineering position within our Manufacturing Engineering organization.
In this role the candidate will drive improvement to our chemical process Delta V (DCS), instrumentation, and high speed manufacturing equipment and their PLC control and HMI systems, our machine networks, and the equipment’s sensors, actuators, etc. in order to improve machine operation and help our operators produce quality products. Additionally, the candidate may be called upon to help improve and extend our Wonderware production data and visualization systems into their assigned area. Sound troubleshooting, control system design, and people skills are a must for this position.
The candidate will act as the responsible electrical engineering staff member within one or more product area teams, working within the team to understand the overall production equipment electrical and control system needs and executing activities to drive improvement.
The ideal candidate will be highly capable in process instrumentation sizing, selecting and applications, Allen Bradley 5000 Series PLC’s and lower, Ladder Logic programming, and in the design of manufacturing equipment level electrical control systems and components. Further, they should be knowledgeable in Delta V DCS configuration, Wonderware/ArchestrA supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA) or similar, and be driven to take initiative and find ways to improve the equipment in their assigned area.
Manufacturing operations at Orbital ATK run 24×7, and our manufacturing and electrical engineers are ultimately responsible for the operability of the production equipment and data systems. While it should be needed only infrequently, the candidate may be called upon during off-hours should our electricians and electrical technicians encounter a problem they are unable to resolve in the candidates assigned area.
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Controls Engineering/ Technology or equivalent.
• Programming experience with Allen-Bradley 5000 series PLC platforms
• HMI development experience
• Experience with manufacturing machine level electrical control systems.
• Working knowledge of communications and networking applications and hardware.
• Working knowledge of process instrumentation sizing, selecting, and applications.
• Demonstrated strong capability in the troubleshooting, of industrial automation and control systems
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking team environment
• Working knowledge of Wonderware and ArchestrA.
• Working knowledge of process control configuration using Emerson Delta V.
• Experience with additional Allen-Brdaley PLC platforms such as the 500 and Micro Logix series.
• Experience with electrical installations in Class I & II Div 1 hazardous environments
• Experience using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D