Job ID: TS20162811-37447
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Contracts Specialist to work in our Dayton, OH location.
• Foster positive customer relationships and leverage to provide critical strategic intelligence to program team to expand business and influence customer requirements, program/contract terms and contract structure.
• Integrate with the discretionary funding planning process to ensure compliance with IR&D regulations.
• Ensure Orbital ATK Intellectual Property is properly identified, protected and/or licensed.
• Integrate with Business Strategy Teams (BSTs) to optimize contract structure and business terms, and coordinate strategic agreements, when appropriate (e.g., partnering and teaming agreements
Contract Structure and Business Terms:
• Develop a clear understanding of customer and program requirements that harmonize with Orbital ATK business strategy to ensure contract structure and business terms are aligned with both.
• Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
• Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer requirements and alignment with Orbital ATK’s program strategy and risk mitigation.
• Negotiate profit and provide profit justification to the customer, ensuring that the profit/fee is consistent with and appropriate for the contract type, identified program risks, market standards, internal investment requirements, and working capital considerations.
• Identify business risks associated with contract in partnership with mission assurance.
• Ensure flow down of required terms and conditions to subcontractors and that subcontractor terms and conditions are appropriate for the work being performed in relation to the prime contract.
• Lead the development of a comprehensive negotiation strategy/plan working in conjunction with Program Team.
• When applicable, lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) in preparation for negotiations.
• Define negotiation parameters through delegation process (including goals/limits).
• Negotiate appropriate contract type, scope, price, profit and terms.
• Execute cost or pricing data certificate where required.
• Lead delegation process, ensuring assembling delegation package and proper sign-offs.
• Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance of invoicing process, and ensure customer compliance with payment terms.
• Ensure that the contract and statement of work are consistent with pricing assumptions to effectively manage financial risk related to contract terms and conditions, and that the underlying cost estimate is consistent with and appropriately addresses performance risk.
• Implement the change management process and coordinate with Program Management to ensure compliance.
• Monitor contract cost performance in concert with Program Business Management and Finance.
• Verify with Program Manager that all technical requirements have been properly reviewed and a clear technical baseline is included in contract documents.
• Ensure that a verified schedule baseline is included in contract documents.
• Following contract award communicate (together with the PM) contract, program schedule and SOW requirements to program team.
• Ensure compliance with program schedule as outlined in contract.
• Must be US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
• BS degree in Business or related
• 5 years minimum experience in contract management
• Experience managing government contracts both at the prime and subcontract levels
• Proven experience in negotiating complex proposals
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
• Knowledge of EAC process, cash flow, and strategic planning process
• Knowledge of change management process
• Extensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, Government Procurement Regulations and related contract administration
• Proven leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
• Experience working with BAA’s, RFQ’s, and complex engineering and manufacturing proposals
• Government contracting experience including experience with 2nd tier prime-subcontractor relationships
• Experience in Deltek cost point
Position can be filled a lower level with Bachelor’s Degree and two or more years of experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.