Location: TUL Mtc & Engr Base (TUL-MNTC)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32167
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
The work of the Cleaner classification, depending on assignment, may include the following:
- Cleans airplane, engine, accessory parts and/or assemblies by operations such as dipping, spraying, steaming, blasting, scrubbing, wiping, buffing, and polishing according to the method required to remove dirt, grease, scale, paint, other foreign material, or to restore appearance.
- Cleans the exterior of aircraft by operations such as cleaning the entire surface with cleaning compound(s), polishing the surface, checking it for worn or corroded areas and bringing those areas to the attention of his Crew Chief or supervisor, removing exhaust stains with special cleaning compounds, washing the interior belly and nacelle areas, spraying wheel wells and flap wells with cleaning compound(s).
- Uses appropriate equipment necessary to reach the surface to clean. Cleans and polishes ground and automotive equipment.
What you’ll do
- Cleans equipment used and the work area and reports the need for repairs to his Crew Chief or supervisor.
- May service the equipment used to keep it in good operating condition. May mix the cleaning compounds and solutions.
- May mix and store solutions, clean and/or set up for use parts washing equipment, and clean the work area as may apply to his work assignment, uses specialized cleaning solutions and materials; uses equipment such as ladders, aero-stands, spray guns, mops, brushes, and brooms.
- May use hand tools such as pliers, screwdrivers, and wrenches.
- As may apply to his work assignment, uses cleaning materials such as solvents, hot solutions, hot water, and steam.
- Uses equipment such as an electric tank agitator, automatic parts washing machine, spray equipment rinsing baskets, buckets, power and manual hoists, hot solution tanks, flexible shaft buffer, racks and other holding devices, steel and other brushes, steel wool, and rags.
- Uses protective equipment such as masks, respirator, gloves, and aprons. Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Completes forms connected with his work assignments according to established procedures.
- In addition to the above duties, may perform the following other duties as assigned such as but not limited to: cleaning work area, performing FOD walks, cleaning of aircraft windshields.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Successful completion of all required qualifying tests; including hazardous material handling
- Ability to wear respirator while performing required tasks
- Work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off
- Work overtime on short notice in emergencies or when operationally necessary
- Read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Able to operate required ground equipment to reach aircraft
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- Must secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis
Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32167