Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Brooklyn Graham Avenue NY
We are currently searching for a Branch Supervisor with strong branch operations and sales experience to join our dynamic team! You will be responsible for assisting with the overall leadership and management of this Branch location. You will be responsible for providing direction, coordination, supervision and control of the operational aspects of the branch, while providing support and guidance to the sales efforts. You will ensure the branch effectively supports the organization's "brand" through its sales and service efforts while maintaining effective control over its operational aspects and exposure.
In this position, you will:
- Oversee the daily operations of a Popular branch, ensuring strict adherence with all branch and BSA policies & procedures by all branch staff and ensuring branch is adequately staff.
- Aid Branch Manager in instituting a genuine sales and service culture with a sharp focus on providing Popular’s clients with a best in class customer experience that leaves a mark of authenticity, warmth, competence and simplicity.
- Ensure all branch staff is focused on digital channel adoption, proactively migrating transactions to ATM & mobile channels while increasing customer awareness, education and usage of online and mobile banking.
- Serve as first line of escalation and issue resolution on a daily basis; escalate larger issues to Management.
- Decision transaction approvals per empowerment matrix.
- Manage all branch cash needs.
- Maintain a pristine looking facility and fully functioning technology; immediately escalate any issues to support network to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure all branch staff adheres to uniform policy.
- Ensure all branch staff displays Popular’s key Retail values of professionalism and accountability while assuring exceptional customer service.
- Serve as primary liaison with BSA team, proactively identifying unusual activity and leading inquiries and resolution.
- Collaborate with internal / external auditors on compliance auditing.
- Monitor controllable expense accounts (e.g. – overtime).
- Responsible for operational procedures, such as: maintaining custody of vaults combinations, official checks, ATM Cards, petty cash; control and prepare bait listing, authorization limits and tellers set-up, suspense and deferred items, write-ups and charge-offs: and overdraft account maintenance.
- Ensure the branch's active involvement within the community and report all CRA related activities to appropriate unit.
- Promote employee’s training and career development.
- Provide consistent feedback to all employees on performance, both against sales targets and adherence to Popular’s brand standards around consistently delivering a best in class customer experience.
- Monthly review of sales, service, digital channel migration and technology usage, via productivity reports to monitor results and provide appropriate coaching, when necessary.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
To be considered, you will need:
- Ability to effectively coach and lead your team to deliver/drive business to your Branch
- Strong attention to operational policies and procedures combined with strong sales ability
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related management experience in a financial services organization.
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!