Job ID: JAY20160508-36173
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Server Administrator to join our Integration Services team in our Dulles, VA offices.
• * Please note: This position requires an active Top Secret SCI Clearance with Active Lifestyle Poly**
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Overseeing daily maintenance, including performance monitoring, deployment of operating system patches and software upgrades, and configuration control of the network technical baseline.
• Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in investigation, diagnoses, and problem resolution
• A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) Information Technology or equivalent degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Windows Server Administration.
• No supervisory experience required.
• Relevant industry certifications such as DOD 8570 Level 2 Technical Certification (GSEC, Security+ ce, SCNP, SSCP) or higher (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA)
• Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE Windows Server 2008 or 2012, Windows 7)
• Experience with DNS, Active Directory, GPO’s, and LDAP configuration.
• Experience with Backup systems and methods
• Experience with Installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment (VmWare products)
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between one-time events and recurrent systematic problems
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to include, but not limited to, creation of process documentation and How to Guides.
• Familiarity or Prior hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, and Firewalls.
• Familiarity with DoD computer security tools such as ACAS
• Familiarity with Windows Power Shell and\or Linux based scripting
• Familiarity with McAfee and Symantec Products (Backup Exec., EndPoint Protection, etc.)
• Familiarity with imaging/deployment of systems
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.