Job ID: GMR20160812-37590
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group has an exciting opening for a talented Lead Software Test Engineer within the Armament Systems Division based in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
The development of innovative and intelligent armament systems, designed to protect and enable our armed forces, is accelerating. This has increased the need for leaders who have a passion for technology development, paired with demonstrated expertise in process excellence. These leaders will drive to continually outperform the competition and exceed customer expectations while acting with integrity, loyalty, and respect.
The Software Test Lead will ensure that, through comprehensive testing, high quality software is developed and delivered. The test lead will oversee all software Formal Qualification Testing (FQT) and will be responsible for performing FQT for a subset of the active programs.
• Analyze and understand software requirements to generate a clear test plan and detailed test procedures
• Develop automated test using LabVIEW & various lab equipment, hold test readiness review and perform FQT
• Concisely and accurately report technical details & status and document each phase of software test
• Generate clear and professional documentation; test plans, test descriptions and test reports
• Present test plans, status, and results at program technical reviews
• Manage software test budgets, schedules and resources
• Assume responsibility for the automated FQT test station; provide innovative recommendations for improvement; ensure that it meets technical needs for testing
• Provide cost estimates and technical approach for future software test activities
• Mentor new software test engineers
• Follow and promote CMMI compliant software processes
Additional responsibilities may include software development:
• Design real time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP.
• Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer /Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with BS, or 2 years of experience with MS
• Familiarity with software Formal Qualification Test process and documentation
• Experience creating automated tests for embedded software using LabVIEW
• Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
• Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with BS, or 7 years of experience with MS
• Minimum of 3 years of experience testing embedded software
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with LabVIEW
• Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI Level 3 standard practices and lifecycle processes
• Experience developing embedded C/C++ software
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.