Job ID: HLW20161310-36926
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Cost Estimating Analyst
Orbital ATK Small Caliber Systems Division is a part of Orbital ATK’s Defense Group. Our facility in Independence, MO is seeking an experienced Cost Analyst with 3+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
Position Duties & Description
• Establish budgets, track performance, and provide variance analysis for Value Streams
• Integral member of the Value Stream Organization team
• Responsible for identifying and tracking cost reduction initiatives
• Coordinate auditors for the annual physical inventory of multiple production buildings
• Provide trending data/reports, make/buy analysis, and return on investment analysis as necessary
• Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis as requested by production value stream owners
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum 3 years related experience with a B.A.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting, financial and business concepts.
• Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present complex financial information.
• Detailed oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions.
• Self-starter, motivated to make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance in a dynamic fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior leadership
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to independently solve problems and perform real-time resolution by deciding on correct course of action
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including ability to quickly summarize large amounts of data and create advanced reports using Excel and generate presentations using PowerPoint
• Experience with Cognos Query Studio, Analysis Studio and/or Report Studio a plus
• Experience with Deltek CostPoint a plus
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.