Requisition ID: 225381
The Gabon Infrastructure Project is a program management services project. Bechtel is responsible to assist the Gabonese government with the establishment and implementation of a specialized agency to manage the country’s $25B capital improvement program. Bechtel employees are seconded into and work for the Gabonese government agency. Bechtel’s mandate includes: provide technical expertise to develop the structure and governance of the agency as well as establishment and implementation of procedures that comply with international standards. Capacity building of the national employees is a primary focus. The program includes projects that cover all facets of infrastructure development such as: roads, bridges, water projects, housing, schools, power distribution, etc.
Prepares, reviews and presents estimates for specific projects to be awarded under the agency. Provides estimating assistance and guidance to projects, develops conceptual estimates and performs cost analysis. Responsible for assisting in the development of discipline/service estimators, performing market assessments, developing and updating historical databases, and assisting in the development of department procedures. This position is responsible for building the Agency’s estimating program and capability.
- Supervision Received
- Reports to Project Controls Manager
- Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical supervision and direction to other personnel, as assigned.
- Develops and maintains relationships with agency personnel in all departments and levels of the organization.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Contractors.
- Attend Client’s estimate review meetings as required.
- Continuing contacts with the vendor community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares and reviews services cost estimates. Properly applies payroll adds, commercial terms and conditions, and creates cost models for fee calculations.
- Prepares and reviews capital cost estimates. Develops productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies results by manpower and crew analysis of work operations by craft. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates.
- Works with other disciplines and functions to collect all necessary data on scope and quantities to prepare an accurate estimate in specialty discipline areas.
- Establishes pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates. Ensures that estimate is in line with local / regional market trends and pricing.
- Manages variations and changes to base estimate and ensures that implications of changes are evaluated before finalizing the solution.
- Influences aspects of the specification in the interests of cost rationalization.
- Supports development of estimating standards and procedures for the Agency.
- Develops processes and procedures for the implementation and maintenance of an estimating database.
- Prepares cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Innovates new techniques as required to meet specific needs.
- Assists projects in identifying scope deviations and actively participates in and supports the Agency trend program.
- Analyzes cost/price data from suppliers/subcontractors.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- French language capability is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in preparing detailed estimates using Bechtel estimating practices and methods, including demonstrated ability to organize, perform, and present cost estimating products with a minimum of supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of project schedules and ability to predict/extrapolate costs curves based on experience of scheduled-activities/cost correlation analysis.
- Knowledge of manual labor performance, equipment production and derivation of composite craft/category labor rates. Understanding of charging practices and the relationship of charging practices to commercial terms, invoicing and profitability.
- Knowledge of current industry and technical developments. Knowledge of global market pricing for commodities and construction practices. Ability to negotiate successfully with procurement and vendors and accurately evaluate alternative solutions.
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications.
- Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to present estimating information to peers and management.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.