Micron Technology is a world leader in innovative memory solutions that transform how the world uses information. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio and are the only company that manufactures todays major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory.
Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the steadfast pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build to help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
We strive for a highly productive and enjoyable working environment! It is a priority for us to provide a rich and nurturing environment where everybody in the team can contribute and grow their skills and knowledge.
As a Validation Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc. you would share your passion for validating and innovating new technologies in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise (Python, C++) in the area of data analysis and software development
- Standardize methods and procedures, develop specifications and performance standards
- Define and implement SW architecture to support Validation activity
- Mentor new engineers and/or fellow team members
- Drive and support projects for all aspect related to SW independently
- SW quality Assurance (SPICE, ASIL)
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintain knowledge of product functionality
- Study of product requirements in order to verify testability
- Identification of suitable testing equipment
- Support the Design team for the definition and implementation of new requirements / performances.
Validation test strategy
- Definition of test cases to verify functional and not functional requirements are compliance to system requirements
- Working with design team for test cases developing coherently with FW and HW architecture
- Identification of PASS/FAIL criteria for test cases in term of number of cycles, statistical and temperature
- Define the Test Implementation Strategy and Software Architecture
- Implementation of test cases- Software developing and debugging
- Define a test automation strategy and plan
- Implementation of automatic test to control the execution of tests and comparison of actual with expected results
- Supplying and Pre-formatting of samples for validation
- Execution of Product Validation flow to match programmed validation plan
- Monitoring of test time – Test time reduction
- Results analysis – Bin Pareto
- Report Generation – Report data in a clear format including concise comments about findings
- Track document revision to provide historical reference
- Failure analysis of bugs coming from Product Validation – Comprehend the issue (examples: failure mode, usage conditions)
- Implementation of systematic and short test to address failure analysis to designers
- Bug notification – Provide all information and sequence to track and replicate the bug in traceability tools
- Support marketing application engineering with failure analysis
- Failure analysis of bugs coming from external source (customer, quality, etc) in order to indentify escape root cause
- Implementation of sequence to replicate external bugs and integration in validation flow
- Collaborate with Development teams to assess test results and generate deviation
- Maintain existing documents by adding new methods and tests
- Collaborate to develop DFMEA
- Collaborate to develop the 8D report
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.