Job ID: GEM20162412-37741
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Tooling Design Engineer join our team in our Promontory, UT Facility.
Candidate will be responsible for the concept, design, fabrication drawings, inspection requirements, procurement requirements, verification requirements, and fabrication support for tooling and equipment for Aerospace applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design
• Managing projects and coordinate all procurements and fabrication to meet the program cost and schedule requirements
• Inspect fabricated support hardware to assure compliance to design
• Work alongside the manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved
• Inspect tool configuration for drawing compliance, including fit, form and function
• Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs
• Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
• Work closely with Tool Designers to create final drawings.
• Perform stress analysis to assure mechanically sound per ATK requirements
• Understand/monitor cost and schedule
• Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability
• Support vendors as needed during fabrication
• Perform and evaluate welded joint designs and inspection requirements to optimize manufacturability and use of materials for designed components, tooling, and equipment.
• Support continuous improvement
• Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling
• BS Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 7 years technical experience in design and fabrication of special tooling and related equipment.
• Experience with closed form and FE analysis practices; Prefer NX and ANSYS systems
• NX modeling and drafting experience.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate vendor and equipment capability and ability to perform required tasks to include production of tooling as well as unique aerospace part production
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
• Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
• Leadership ability.
• Technical attention to detail.
Note: This position may be filled at a lower level depending on qualifications.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.