Job ID: BDH20173101-38165
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Under guidance from the systems engineering team support maintenance of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
1. Implements and manages system requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under direction of more experienced engineers.
2. Revises and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
3. Manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
4. Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
5. May also be required to support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering.
6. Provides data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
7. Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
8. Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
9. Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
10. Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
11. Implements and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
12. Implements system architectures(s) that capture the system logical/functional views and captures the system physical view – system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
13. Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
14. Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
15. Attends and prepares materials to supports system engineers during System Requirement Review, System Funtional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
16. Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
17. Analyzes cost history for bidders from projects where directly involved.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D