Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41238
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- This job is a member of the Line Maintenance Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for overseeing aircraft maintenance technicians in the repair and return to service of American Airlines’ aircraft.
- Supervisors are front line leaders of people in the safe, compliant and timely return to service our aircraft.
- They do this by effectively managing the workload, resources, and work relationships of both internal customers & support groups and external regulatory authorities & vendors.
- Guides and directs terminal and/or hangar aircraft maintenance through crew chiefs and leads
- Oversees the implementation of the organization's plans, processes, policies, and procedures
- Ensures crews are efficiently utilized to accomplish the operation’s workload
- Meets company objectives in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for timely and comprehensive communication flow to the workforce
- Maintains effective work relationships with airport management, FAA, TSA, other government agencies, suppliers, and similar groups
- Collaborates with other supervisors to accomplish directives and objectives
- Identifies and takings steps to correct unsatisfactory results
- Identifies training and development needs of AMTs within span of control
- Provides effective feedback for crew chief and lead coaching/development
- Effectively works with union leadership and workforce
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 3 years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Must pass FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of a successful track record of management in maintenance and/or production environments
- 3 years hands-on experience in the repair or manufacture of large transport category aircraft
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- A&P License
- Knowledge of functional area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to supervise management, non-management and contract labor work groups
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and PC skills
- Ability to concurrently supervise multiple areas of responsibility
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41238