Job ID: MH20170401-37794
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Propulsion Engineer to join our Propulsion team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Engineer – Propulsion/Ordnance Systems supports technical activities as part of a multi-discipline launch vehicle team under a Lead Engineer. With minimal guidance, the Senior Engineer helps
Minotaur/Solar Probe Plus Programs
• Research, design, develop, integrate, test, maintain, and document propulsion and ordnance systems.
• Researches and analyzes proposed design changes and processes changes through the Configuration Management system.
• Resolves hardware discrepancies, including containment, root cause determination, and corrective action.
• Performs engineering analyses by applying sound engineering principles and techniques and publishes results in technical reports.
• Plans and executes engineering tests, such as development, qualification, lot acceptance, and service life extension tests to ensure propulsion and ordnance systems meet internal and external requirements.
• Records, analyzes, and publishes test data in formal reports.
• Writes work instructions for test and integration activities.
• Produces a variety of engineering documentation including analyses, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics), and presentations.
• Monitors hardware allocations and service life to ensure program requirements are met.
• May be put in a “leadership” position mentoring lower level engineers and other technical personnel.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Travel to field integration sites, suppliers, and test facilities will be required (up to approximately 25%).
• Candidate must have a minimum of four years of related experience.
• Ability to travel (if applicable): Travel expectation of 0% –25%
• Experience with aerospace propulsion systems is preferred, but not required (i.e. solid rocket motors and spacecraft propulsion systems).
• Experience with aerospace ordnance components or similar energetic devices also preferred, but not required (i.e. detonators, initiators, gas generators, ordnance transfer lines, shape charges).
• Working knowledge of discrepant material procedures and configuration management desired.
• Experience with shock and vibration testing of components desired.
• Integration and test experience with launch vehicles or spacecraft preferred.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.