Job ID: ALC20160507-35874
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking several Production Operators to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
• **ATK Aerospace Structures in Clearfield, UT is offering a hiring incentive of $1500 for full-time Production Technicians who successfully complete their Introductory Training Period***
This is an internal and external job posting.
• Internal candidates will be required to complete the formal interview process. If selected for this position, internal candidates will continue to work in their assigned area until secret clearance is obtained. Once secret clearance is obtained, internal candidates will transfer to fill this position.
• External candidates must have or have had a secret clearance in the past and will be required to complete the formal interview process.
• Candidates will receive a 5% premium, in addition to their hourly pay rate, while working on a secret clearance program.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Production Operator, you work on the next generation composite structures.
This job involves the fabrication of composite hardware using a variety of methods such as hand layup, bonding, assembly, trimming and final finishing. It will require development of skills to competently perform a wide variety of tasks designed to produce product that meet our customer expectations. Tasks may be in team environments or individual based.
• Candidate must have 4-6 years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing environment and/or hand tools
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (see above)
• Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
• Must be able to use power hand tools
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs
• Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
• Must be able to work weekends
• Composite experience and/or certification preferred
• Previous composite, manufacturing, or production experience preferred
Competencies for Success:
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self motivated / self reliant, team player
Requisition may be filled at a lower level (Production Operator) with 2-4 years of experience in composite manufacturing, aerospace, or manufacturing environment and/or specialized education past HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.