Job ID: REN20161108-36234
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr Principal Algorithm for our location in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Summary: This position provides algorithm systems engineering as part of the Missile Products Fuzing and Warheads segment. Role provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of proximity radar products.
Role and responsibilities include:
• Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
• Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
• Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
• Design and development of radar waveforms
• Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
• Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
• Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a regular basis
• Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems engineering or algorithm development
• Knowledge of basic radar operations: Doppler Filtering, Pulse Compression, Calibration, and Antenna Array processing
• Knowledge of surveillance radar signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
• Experience in Matlab, C++, or related languages
• Experience in algorithm development
• Experience working with both customer and internal resources
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
• Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
• Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
• Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
• Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
• Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution; especially with respect to surveillance radar
• Experience in target tracking for surveillance radar applications
• Leadership and communication skills
• Experience leading a technical team of System Engineers and Analysts
• Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
• Active Secret and/or additional clearances
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.