Job ID: DDW20160711-37197
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in Chandler, AZ. The position requires an Active Secret clearance.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Work with a team of electrical engineers to support the Design, Integration and Testing. Support will include analyzing existing component designs and system architectures to understand and identify potential, unintended ‘sneak circuits’ in the overall system. The sneak circuit analysis effort will also include worst case circuit analysis and overall system grounding analysis. Responsible to understand system level customer requirements and how to derive lower level requirements in support of the analysis efforts. Other duties as required.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and ten years of related work experience or Master’s Degree and seven years of related work experience or a PhD and five years of related experience. The position can be filled one level lower.
• The ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
• The ability to perform engineering analyses for reports using tools such as PSpice or Matlab
• An understanding of ‘sneak circuit’ concepts and how to apply the available analytical tools.
• The ability to readily understand schematics, circuits, interconnect and cabling diagrams.
• Working knowledge of electrical and electronic system design, integration and test
• Some hands on test experience with electrical systems or components is required
• Ability to write test procedure and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and passed all required tests
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to communicate with engineers and other departments are important
• Documentation skills and experience on common PC desktop applications are also required
• Experience working in the aerospace industry strongly preferred
Position may be filled one level lower depending on candidate’s education and experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D