About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end, omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
The Senior Pricing Analyst’s primary role is to create and capture value using innovative pricing strategies. To support the creation, execution and evaluation of pricing programs for B2B online, software and service solutions. This position requires strong communication skills and a practical commercial mind set. The position will work closely with the sales & commercial managers in creating strategies to ensure product and service profitability. The candidate will support specific price execution, price decisions, and support CDK’s Reward program. Candidate is expected to interpret data, gather competitive and market intelligence, win/loss information to analyze trends, identify outliers, and understand client utilization.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions:
- Performing data analysis, building analytical models, coming up with actionable recommendations, improving methodology based on feedback and fine tuning recommendations. Working hands on to prepare and validate data, slice and dice data to derive insights
- Presenting recommendations in a clear and concise manner. Collecting feedback, fine tuning recommendations and obtaining sign off to drive implementation
- Executing responsibilities for CDK’s Customer Rewards program and in-contract pricing
- Create pricing strategies using deep analytics to capture opportunities, reduce profit leakage, expand into new markets, and improve sales force effectiveness.
- Conduct pricing analytics and use insights in creating pricing strategies and sales plan development.
- Monitor and update commercial price lists
- Generate pricing reports on sales revenue and preparing revenue forecasts
- Developing daily, weekly, and monthly pricing reports that offer visibility to pricing and offer opportunities to improve pricing strategies
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills are required to collaborate across numerous functions including: sales, marketing, product development, support, strategy and finance. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to migrate efficiently through complex systems and data, can simultaneously manage multiple high priority projects, and can create alternative strategies for capturing value in a mature market.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, mathematics, accounting, economics or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum 3 + years’ experience in one or more of the following: Pricing, Revenue management, Sales, Commercial Management, Finance, Trading & Business Development OR any other business related.
- 3+ years in pricing or profitability analysis
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and analytical ability, analytical and problem solving skills, including financial analysis and modeling
- Strong communication skills and the ability to tactfully influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts in order to reach consensus
- Demonstrated ability to be timely and accurate in written and verbal responses in a fast paced environment
- Highly Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Attributes & Qualifications
- Strong business knowledge, including activity based costing and standard costing knowledge.
- Considerable working knowledge of multiple functional areas such as sales, finance, operations, etc. and demonstrated ability to integrate information across those fields
- 5+ years of experience in setting pricing strategies for B2B companies
- 5+ years of experience with software or services environment
- 2+ years of experience in automotive industry
- Experience with IBM Cognos reporting
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.