Job ID: DPG20173001-38144
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
• Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the SMF work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
• Perform detailed inspections on both EEE and Mechanical components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
• Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
• Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
• Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with Orbital Sciences Corporations ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
• Create recipes/programs for the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) equipment and run machine to perform various in-process inspections steps.
• Associates (2 year) degree from accredited institution
• Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering is a plus.
• Working knowledge of TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications
• Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists is a plus
• Previous experience working in ISO-certified company
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.