Job ID: GEM20160812-37600
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Facilities Engineer to provide support in our Promontory Utah Facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot industrial mechanical equipment. Resolve equipment problems in the field through technical assistance with Maintenance Craftsmen.
• Develop mechanical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
• Analyze, understand, and mitigate risks to the production line through predictive/preventive maintenance measures. Analyze trends to help make good maintenance decisions.
• Familiarity with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) practices. Implement best practices and tools that will result in high operational availability (OA).
• Provide quality standard work instructions for critical equipment rebuild.
• Provide engineering design as needed to support the Facilities Engineering Department. This could include:
• Designing, specifying and integrating mechanical equipment for process equipment, steam systems, hydraulics, and HVAC equipment.
• Providing detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation
• Preparing specifications for the procurement of pumps, valves, compressors, tanks, and other miscellaneous of plant equipment.
• Preparing required engineering calculations for equipment sizing, line sizing, and system design.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• 1-4 years industrial facility mechanical design experience
• Chemical processing and industrial HVAC experience preferred
• Experience with industrial equipment
• AutoCAD drafting ability
• Solid modeling experience a plus; not a requirement
• Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
May be hired at a lower level with Mechanical Engineering degree and 0 yrs experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.