Job ID: DBK20161912-37705
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Sr. Configuration Management Specialist to work in our Iuka, MS location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Supports the manufacturing of large composite structures for aircraft and launch vehicles through the management of incoming and outgoing production documentation. Manages document revisions of drawings, specifications, procedures, and other documentation. Compiles and presents completed hardware configuration and manufacturing data to customers for hardware acceptance.
Active DoD security clearance preferred
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Coordinate the review and approval of design, software, and production documentation with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Safety departments
• Maintain the PDM database through access control and ensuring latest revisions are uploaded to the system in a timely manner
• Establish and maintain PDM document lists and document trees
• Participate, as required, in configuration control board (CCB) activities
• Review completed manufacturing work instructions for accuracy and customer compliance
• Create design and document control business items and release in PDM system.
• Access Customer portal/FTP sites to upload/download files as required
• Familiarity with specifications, codes and related documents from government, military, and commercial sources
• Familiarity with material planning and use of MRP systems
• Review Program Statement of Work to ensure that all requirements for design release and control are met, build documentation requirements are met, Hardware Acceptance Review requirements are met, and records retention requirements are met.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Strong word processing skills
• Strong organization skills and ability to work with minimal direction
• Skilled with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience using documentation data bases
• Prior experience with a Product Data Management (PDM) system desired
• Prior experience with a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system desired
• Prior experience with manufacturing work instructions desired
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Type at greater than 40 words per minute
• Technical writing
Work Schedule: F 9-80’s Friday – Friday
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D