Job ID: ATP20173001-38153
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting a Sr. Automation/Robotics Engineer in our Plymouth, MN location.
Sr. Automation/Robotics Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• The development and implementation of automation in mechanical assembly, fixturing and inspection processes, including design, specification.
• Directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of automated systems and equipment.
• Updating, modifying, continuously improving and documenting new and existing control systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics and pneumatics distribution and control.
• Conducting research on robotic technologies to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
• Coordinating between Engineering and Maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems.
• Building, configuring, integrating and testing robotics with peripherals such as controllers or other equipment.
• Developing robotic paths and maximizing efficiency, safety and quality.
• Investigating mechanical and electrical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
• Scheduling and completing back-ups of all electronic machine controls and robotic programs.
• BS in Automation, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience or MS in Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience . Comparable industry experience working in a plant setting as a Process Engineer, Controls Engineer or Automation Engineer or Electrical Technician will be considered.
• Experience with robots and numerical control systems and Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc. PLCs.
• Experience with CAD software.
• Experience working with and in explosive environment.
• Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstration organizational agility.
• Microsoft Office experience including Visio.
• Able to obtain and maintain Secret Level clearance.
Competencies for Success:
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding and broad application of technical standards, principles, theories and techniques in engineering.
• Provides technical solutions to a moderate range of challenging problems. Solutions are creative, practical and consistent with organization objectives.
• Contributes to the completion of specific programs and project milestones.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse, system engineering environment.
• High energy individual.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D