Job ID: BDH20160911-37246
With projected annual revenues in of nearly$4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Space Structures and Components is currently looking for an Inventory Material Control Clerk (Shipping & Receiving Clerk) to work in our Goleta, CA location.
Responsibilities include managing of all materials and commodities from receipt of goods to issuing to the end user, including inventory control, kitting and shipping where required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
• 1-3 years experience in Shipping and Receiving.
• Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks, be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
• Ability to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
• Capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
• Is familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
• Is familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator.
• Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable
• Detect stock shortage by maintaining accurate inventory
• Perform physical count of inventory and perform reconciliation with actual available stock
• Identify and distribute stock to appropriate locations within and out of the company premises
• Maintain stock rotation and ensure disposing off of any outdated or expired stock
Competencies for Success:
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training.
• Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Initiative, self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Requisition may be filled at a lower level with 0-2 years related experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.