Job ID: TS20160909-36552
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Principal Systems Engineer to provide leadership within our Large Structures COE Engineering Team in Iuka, Mississippi.
• MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
• Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 4.5 years (or 4 years 6 months)
Position requires demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of aircraft structures utilizing composite materials such as prepreg tape, tow, and fabric with carbon fiber. Candidate must have leadership experience and knowledge of composite manufacturing processes including hand lay-up; fiber placement; and other automated techniques. Prefer candidates with experience in composite structures for commercial and military aircraft and a history of working directly for, or supplying to, major US prime contractors.
• Efficiently manage cross functional teams.
• Act as primary customer technical focal point responsible for interpreting designs and specifications and implementing these correctly and efficiently to manufacture a product
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Work with management, customers, operations, and engineering staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Manage and support design to cost strategies and implement cost reduction initiatives.
• Lead problem investigation teams to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
• Lead the Configuration Control Board (CCB) to ensure that new designs and design changes are properly implemented.
• Direct, review, and approve process design and changes.
• Support functional management with staffing requirements and recruitment.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
• Present and explain failure investigations, reports, and findings.
• Consult or negotiate with customers to prepare project requirements and specifications.
• Establish project and technical objectives within broad outlines established by management.
Technical Job Requirements:
• Composite Aircraft Structures – Demonstrated experience interpreting customer designs and specifications to launch a product into production.
• Experience with advanced composite materials and manufacturing processes.
• Production Support – Experience supporting manufacturing operations and resolve technical issues and implementing lean manufacturing and cost savings projects.
• BS Degree in an applicable engineering discipline (ME, AE, Civil) (MS Degree preferred)
• 10+ years of applicable experience manufacturing composite parts and assemblies for aircraft applications
• 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience
• Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and presentations to Orbital ATK and customer project management
Security Clearance Requirements:
• DoD Secret Clearance preferred
• Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military