Job ID: MC20162912-37756
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced RF Electrical Design Engineer for our Plymouth, MN office.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division is seeking an experienced RF Electrical Design Engineer. This position requires applying RF engineering techniques on advanced weapon systems projects of significant complexity and scope. This position requires experience in applying RF Electrical Engineering practices to all phases of military programs. Candidates should have demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
• Supports research, design, and development in such areas as radar system design, RF transmitter and receiver design, antenna design, RF signal processing and MMIC design.
• Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of RF systems for use in military applications. Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of design on meeting system level performance requirements.
• Supports the development of specifications for and selection of components for use in RF systems including custom RF components such as MMICs.
• Proficient in a lab environment defining tests and collecting data for RF systems.
• Is able to communicate and work effectively with mechanical designers to provide RF constraints on mechanical attributes of a system.
• Performs Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) assessments and provides recommendations for achieving E3 compliance with requirements such as MIL-STD 461.
• Capable of modeling RF performance using simulation tools such as HFSS.
• Is able to effectively present technical design details to internal customers. Is familiar with DoD stage gate reviews.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact requirements and design constraints. It is desired that the applicant is familiar with high reliability design for military application as well as designs capable of surviving high G environments.
• Able to represent the engineering organization as a principal RF, microwave and millimeter wave technical contact on new projects, white papers and proposals.
• Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering (Masters Preferred) from an accredited college with a minimum of 1.5 years experience in, defense, or related industries.
• Ideally looking for candidates with experience in radar system concept, signal processing techniques, integration, and test.
• Must have a working knowledge of antenna design concept, antenna theory and antenna pattern measurements techniques.
• Ideally looking for candidates with experience in MMIC design, process type and fabrication techniques.
• Must have a working knowledge of RF design simulation tools such as HFSS and/or ADS.
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of engineering principles, theories, and processes associated with DOD projects.
• Must be energetic, independent and self-motivated.
• Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills and experience presenting ideas to senior management as well as mentoring junior engineers.
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
• Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S. Citizen and must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• Some travel required.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.